Sunday, October 12, 2008

White Coat


Last Sunday we attended Paul's white coat ceremony. All the DO students recieve a short white coat that they wear anytime the are out in the community representing the school and during there 3rd and 4th year rotations. They get a short coat when they are student doctors and then when they graduate they get a long coat. The ceremony was very long and I am glad we got a babysitter for Leila, even though the ceremony was kind of lame it actually feels like this whole medical school thing is real and that he really is becoming a doctor, well at least that is how I feel. Paul on the other hand said the fact that he is in class all day everyday and studying makes the whole thing seem real to him.

6 comments:

Spencer and Stepanie said...

WOW!! Dr. Dunlavy! Can't wait for you to mend up my brokent leg or check my prostate with your latex glove and K/Y!! Go Paul

LindaO said...

Yeah! That's so exciting for you guys!

Jennifer Phillips said...

Oh man we miss you guys so much, I am excited for you to come up over Halloween!! It will be spooktacular haha I am so funny oh and I am almost done with the Twilight Series so we can talk about it when you get here. So did Paul put on his scrubs when he got home with his white coat and stethascope hahahahaha!!!

Heather said...

That's soo cool! We really wish it would have worked out for us to have been there. But, I am excited that you are coming up soon. Mari will be super excited to see Leila!

Kara said...

Woo Hoo Paully Poo! Leesh!- We need to talk again real soon! It has been much too long!

Kara said...

Oh My Gosh! I just read Spencer's comment and all I have to say is YUCK! However, it is quite commical :)