Oh my Leila girl sometimes I just don't know what I'm going to do with you. You have been so excited to turn 4 and have been planning your birthday party for months, but for some reason on the day of your birthday you were insistent that it wasn't your birthday and that you were still 3 1/2. You continue to be our very passionate, opinionated, stubborn, particular, lively, and shy girl.
Lately you have had major issues with clothes. Clothing has always been a problem with you but most of the time we can work through it and make sure you keep your independence. But as of about January you have been bugged by clothes and underwear. You went two straight weeks without wearing underwear because you insisted that they bugged you. We finally got some larger sizes and that seems to have fixed the problem for the most part. But you refuse to wear tights or leggings so we got you leg warmers to wear when your legs get cold. You get bugged if anything rubs you the wrong way or is too tight. You're really into dresses right now and wear them pretty much everyday. Because getting you dressed has become such a chore I'm just happy if you actually have clothes on and don't care one bit if your outfit matches.
You love to take showers, and now want to take them by yourself because you don't like to share the water which is fine by me because I don't like to share the water either. You like to choose how your hair is done and there is no convincing you otherwise once your mind is made up. Most of the time you just want my to round brush it but every once in awhile you'll let me pull it up or curl it.
For about two months straight all you wanted to eat for breakfast was chocolate chip pancakes which I didn't mind making because you would actually eat them and not have a huge fight about it. Now your beginning to want cereal again but you don't eat it quite as well. Your favorite food is ravioli with green sauce (pesto). You ask for it for lunch and dinner pretty much everyday. Some of your other favorite foods are quesidillas, edamame, apples, peanut butter cups and mint oreo ice cream.
You say your favorite color is red and you don't like the color orange. You love to watch Dora, Barbie movies, Beauty and the Beast, and Snow White. You love going to the library and picking out books and movies. You love playing with Barbies, stuffed animals, polly pockets and craft stuff. You LOVE to cook even if I'm making something you don't like to eat you want to be involved. You enjoy going to dance but hate wearing leotards because they are too tight and just bug you. Preschool is one of your favorite things, you look foward to it every week and never have a problem going. You also love going to church and absolutley love primary. Every morning youwake up and ask who you can play with or who's house you can go to. You love playing with friends and never want to leave their house or them leave yours.
You are super shy and never talk to strangers and are even shy around people you know. You like to be independent and do things on your own but only if mom is standing right by your side watching you. You are constantly dancing and jumping around, you never walk anywhere your leaping and twirling as you move from place to place. Even your tantrums are quite entertaining because they involve flips and somersaults. I also find you doing headstands all over the place which totally reminds me of me when I was little. You definitely have opinions on things and like to be in charge. If I give you options and you don't like them you inform me that those are not your choices and then tell me what you think are good options.
Your a great big sister and love to play with Greydon, you almost always share with him and let him be involved in what your doing. You are definitely a mama's girl and pretty much want me to do everything for you, you're my little shadow and go wherever I go. We love your passion although most of the time we don't quite know how to deal with it but we are so happy you are apart of our family!
1 comment:
You describe little Leila so perfectly! I love it. We all love Leila and Brig always asks to come to Yala's house or Greydon's house to play. The other day I told him we were going to Grace's house to play and he got really confused because he thought I was saying Greydon wrong. It was pretty funny. Anyway I'm excited to see birthday party pictures! :) I hope they turned out okay.
Post a Comment