On Saturday I took Leila to her dance class and she met a new friend named Jocey. When then headed over to the Dekker's for Brig's 3rd birthday party. We missed the beginning because of the dance class but still made it in time for some of the activities. Casie did such a good job planning the Cars party and had so many fun games and activities. I think my favorite part was when they handed out little Driver's Licenses for all the kids.
(I had to bribe Leila with cake and ice cream to be in the picture)
(playing red light green light with their cars)
Showing off her driver's license
That night I got to go out with some of my girlfriends to celebrate Rylee and Kristine's birthdays and to say goodbye to Melissa. It seriously was so much fun and couldn't believe we didn't get home until around 11:30. We went to dinner at Pei Wei and then headed down to the Strip to have dessert at Serendipity. I got their famous frozen hot chocolate, which was so delicious! We talked and talked and had tons of laughs.
Me, Rylee and Katie
All the girls at Serendipity
I seriously love all these girls, they have made me feel so welcome and have made living away from family such a wonderful experience. I don't know what I would do without them!
Then of course Sunday was great because it was Mother's Day! I got to sleep in, have a delicious breakfast in bed, recieved a new Flip video camera, my house was cleaned (by Paul), a super yummy dinner was made by Paul, we all took a 2 1/2 hour nap, I recieved a lemon bundt cake (young women were having a fundraiser and Paul ordered one for me) which was sooo good, I didn't have to do the dishes once durning the day and then I got a relaxing massage and to curl up and watch a movie before bed. I was seriously spoiled I have such a wonderful husband and kids!
my ymmy bundt cake, and the only picture I took on Mother's Day
So that pretty much sums up my wonderful weekend, I just wish all weekends could be this great!
3 comments:
mmmmmmmm lemon bundt cake. now there's a fund raiser i wouldn't mind taking part in ;) girl's night was the best! do we seriously have to wait til august for your bday or is there another coming up before then?
Fun weekend!! It sounds like you guys are busy and having lots of fun there! Leila's hair looks super cute, I love it! I am glad that Paul spoiled you for mother's day. So, I called you on the fourth to chat. Sigh, I miss you
It looks like you guys are adjusting well to Nevada.....we all miss you tons. I am hoping that we can get down there this summer to visit. Paul said that July would most likely be the best. We will have to stay in touch so we can all plan a few days to come down and have a friends reunion hahaha. Oh ps we didn't talk trash like mean trash we talked good trash in Eden....like how much we wished you guys could be there. Maybe next year!! Looking forward to that cruise in 2012........that's when Paul graduates right??
Post a Comment