Thursday, November 15, 2012

12 months old

I know I just wrote a post about Asher about a week ago but I missed a bunch of things that I wanted to document about him.

*He weighs 18lbs 9 oz (10th percentile)
His is 29 1/4 inches tall (10th percentile)
His head is 19 inches (95th percentile)
*You should see him without any clothes, he's got a skinny little body and a giant head, but we just love our little peanut!
*He has brown eyes and brown hair, it seems a little darker then Leila or Greydon's.  He has had 3 haircuts so far besides a few little trims from me.  He has super straight hair that likes to stick up on top.  He has 7 teeth right now, 4 on top and 3 on the bottom, I'm sure an 8th tooth will pop through any time.
*He is sleeping great at night, he usually goes down at 7 pm and then is up at 7 am.  He takes a morning nap, that has been really long lately (like 3+ hours) and then a short afternoon nap.
*He still nurses 3-4 times a day.  He will drink from a sippy cup but doesn't love whole milk, he doesn't hate it but will only drink a little bit.  He loves table food and has pretty much moved beyond baby food other than applesauce, oatmeal and yogurt. He loves raspberries, cooked carrots, mandarin oranges, shredded meat, pasta, pizza, bananas, waffles, pancakes, bread, peas, pears, fruit loops, and Cheerios.  He loves when I put cereal in a snack cup for him, he has a death grip on the cup and will not give it up until all the cereal is gone. He doesn't really care for cheese or eggs.
*He is not super destructive, he definitely makes messes but not nearly like the other two did at his age.  I can leave cupboards and drawers open and he won't empty them in a matter of seconds.  He might grab something out of the cupboard and play with it but not a huge mess.
*He is also not a climber, both his siblings climbed everything at this age but it's nice to have a little one that likes to keep his feet on the ground.  
*He is beginning to run especially if he sees a door open and he wants to get outside
*He loves following his siblings around and tries to mimic what they do.  He loves to play with cars and trucks with Greydon. He likes carrying around spoons, a toy hammer, and travels size shampoo bottles, I know super odd but he finds them in the linen closet and always grabs one when the door gets left open
*He gives bonks, plays patty cake, throws his hands in the air when we say "so big", likes to play chase and signs all done.  He doesn't like to play hide and seek and does not like us to scare or surprise him.  He likes to be thrown in the air.
*He loves to throw things in the garbage, I'm always finding toys or other items in the garbage.  I'm pretty sure we have lost some toys because of this little game of his.
*He says mama, dada and kuka (for yucky) plus mimics sounds we make.
*He is definitely a mama's boy and loves to cuddle with me
He is seriously such a joy and we all love him so much!

No comments: