Thursday, February 27, 2014

V-day

I was able to help with both Greydon's and Leila"s Valentine's Day parties.  I love being able to volunteer in their classrooms, its so fun to get to know the other kids and see my kids interact with their friends.  Greydon got to make friendship snack mix, pass out his valentines, make a bracelet and read a book.  















Leila's party completely fell on my shoulders this time around, which is fine, I love helping in her classroom.  It's just really stressful and I always worry that the kids will have fun  plus the classroom has multiple allergies to work around.  So the party involved passing out Valentines, reading Valentines Day books, playing Bingo, playing Don't eat Pete, making flowers and frosting cookies.  In the end I think the kids had fun, at least Leila did but I was exhausted.  Leila decorated her Valentines box all on her own, I was a little surprised that she didn't add more to it but it still turned out cute.  









Valentines day morning involved some heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes and new sticker books for all the kids.  


That afternoon we received a box of yummy chocolates from Connie and then Paul and I were able to go out to dinner without the kids.  One of the surgery interns volunteered to watch our kids.  She was so great and had the kids playing all kinds of games when we got home. 










1 comment:

Rylee said...

ok when did leila get glasses?? when did i miss that?