Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Early Flight

Leila, Greydon and I headed to Utah this past week to see family, while Paul was at home studying for all of his tests.  We decided to fly since we were able to get pretty cheap flights.  The only problem was the only flight I could get at the cheap rate was the 6:15 am flight which meant we had to be up really early.  We actually almost missed our flight.  It was incredibly crowded when we got to the airport and Southwest was soo crazy.  You are suppose to check in at least 45 minutes before your flight or they don't let you go.  Well pretty soon it was almost 5:45 and I was still in line, I thought for sure they wouldn't let me go but the lady didn't even say anything she just told me to make sure we go through family security.  We we rushed up to security which was also very busy but luckily there were only two other people in the family line so we made it through pretty quickly.  I had Greydon in my front pack carrier so I threw Leila into Greydon's carseat and pushed the stroller very quickly to the gate.  While I was getting the tickets so I could check the carseat and stroller at the gate they began lining up to board the plane well since I had a giant stroller I couldn't get to my place in line but luckily southwest saw me and pulled me to the front and let me get on first.  By the time we got settled in our seats I was exhausted and sweaty.  Thank goodness the kids were so good on the flight, Greydon ate and then slept and Leila looked at magazines and ate snacks.    My flight home was also a little crazy but I will write more about that and our actually trip in Utah later.

No comments: