Yesterday we went to the apple orchard to play. I picked Leila up from school about 30 minutes early. I had been planning this fun surprise for a couple days. The kids had been begging to go and when I realized that Paul wouldn't be able to go with us I decided to surprise the kids. Leila was so excited when I picked her up from school and told her where we were going (she thought she had a doctors appointment or something like that). The weather was beautiful and it wasn't crowded at all.
We had the giant slides to ourselves for at least 45 minutes. We actually got tired of running up the hill and moved on to another activity before anyone else went on the slides. By the end of sliding even Asher was going down the slide by himself.
I thought this picture was funny, if you look close you can see Leila's hands trying to hold her brother faces, I think she was trying to make them look at the camera.
Leila cheating while in the hay maze.
We even had the hay ride all to ourselves. Last year we went on a Saturday and it was so crowded, the kids had to sit on our laps because the rids was so full.
I think the kids favorite thing is playing in the corn pool. After we got home I was finding corn kernels everywhere, in diapers, down shirts and in pockets and shoes.
We ended the trip with delicious apple cider donuts!
2 comments:
Looks like fun! And good job on going even without Paul...I tend to stay home and skip stuff if Robert can't go. I need to be better about it!
that looks like so much Fun! Leila is sure growing up! So are Greydon and Asher, but Leila looks so much different to me. Miss you!
Post a Comment